Membership of Haemophilia Foundation Australian Capital Territory Incorporated (HFACT) is open to all people who are affected by haemophilia or related bleeding disorders, their families and carers, including medical professionals.
Membership of HFACT includes membership of the national peak organisation, Haemophilia Foundation Australia (HFA).
Member benefits include:
- Informal support through friendship networks.
- Formal support from our counsellor / social worker.
- Peer support groups such as Men’s Business and Women’s Wisdom.
- Family camps and kids’ functions.
- Social functions.
- Quarterly newsletters providing information about local services and events, posted or emailed to you and available on our website.
- Membership of the peak national body, HFA.
- Subscription to HFA’s National Haemophilia Journal
- Fact sheets and booklets on haemophilia, von Willebrand disorder and other bleeding disorders, for use at home or in schools, available through HFACT but produced and supplied by HFA.
- Representation and advocacy at the local and national level.
- Subsidies for medical bands or bracelets.
- Conference subsidies.
- Entitlement to vote at the HFACT AGM.